Difference between revisions of "ML20071N989"
(StriderTol Bot insert)
Latest revision as of 02:21, 23 May 2020
|Person / Time|
CITIZENS ASSOCIATION FOR SOUND ENERGY
NRC OFFICE OF THE EXECUTIVE LEGAL DIRECTOR (OELD)
|Download: ML20071N989 (5)|
DOCKETED UstI30 6/4/83 UNITED STATES OF AMERICA NUCLEAR REGULATORY COMMISSION .g3 Jg3 -6 A11 :39 BEFORE THE ATOMIC SAFETY AND LICENSING BOARD .
g :n .
In the Matter of -
COMANCHE PEAK STEAM ELECTRI.C STATION UNITS #1 AND #2 I (CPSES)
CASE'S FIFTH SET OF INTERROGATORIES AND REQUESTS TO PRODUCE TO NRC STAFF As indicated in CASE's 4/28/83 Fourth Set of Interrogatories and Requests to Produce to NRC Staff (bottom of page 2, continued on page 3), CASE hereby files this additional set of interrogatories and requests to produce regarding the " CAT Report" (Construction Appraisal Team Inspection Report 50-445/83-18, 50-446/83-12). The manner in which the interrogatories should be answered is the same as set forth in CASE's Fourth Set. See important NOTE on page 3.
CASE'S INTERROGATORIES AND REQUESTS TO PRODUCE TO NRC STAFF We have indicated at the beginning of each item the location in the CAT Report.
- 1. (Page II-l.) Provide documentation showing the location of each of the cable runs selected by the CAT team, including what system each belongs to.
- 2. ( Page II-2,a.) On the tray numbers listed with improperly spaced medium voltage power cables, provide the following information:
(a) Where are they located (including what building they are in)?
(b) What system do they belong to?
(c) A drawing of each cable's location (if readily available).
- 3. (PageII-3,d.) The CAT inspectors identified several runs of cable without specified supports. Which runs were they, where are they located, and what v-system are they part of? .
- 4. (Page II-4. e., last paragraph, second sentence from end.) What run of cable was pulled and was not the cable it was supposed to be, and where was it-located?
, 5. (Page II-7.b.) Provide the QC records associated with inspections of these four penetration assemblies.
- 6. (Page 11-12, listing about 2/3-way down page.) Where are these cable tray segments located (i.e., where is Train A located, and where is corresponding Train B located)?
- 7. (Page 11-13, listing near top of page.) Where are these cable trays located?
- 8. (Page III-ll, second paragraph.) Provide a copy of procedure DFP-TUSI-003.
- 9. (Page IV-5,. listing at top.) Provide drawings (at the time of the CAT inspection and any subsequent drawings) of Hanger No.:
CB-807-2N-A CB-807-2 N-B SGI-852-l J-lS SGI-852-lJ-2B
- 10. (Page IV-5. b.) . Provide a copy of Bahnson sketch 1S0-001.
- 11. (Page IV-5.a., last sentence.) Provide copies of:
(a) the 2/28/83 licensee audit of the installed HVAC system.
(b) the 10 CFR 50.55(e) report which was filed by the licensee.
.a t .
- 12. (Page IV-6, c.) Provide copies of the following:
-(a) Bahnson procedure QCI-CPSES-009.
(b) Gibbs and Hill specification 2323-MS-85(Bahnson contract requirements). .
(c) AWS D19.0, " Welding Zinc-Coated Steel".
- 13. ( Page V-1, B .l .) Provide the concrete placement record packages for the five concrete placements listed.
- 14. (Page VI-5.2, third paragraph from top of page.) Provide copies of all memos, reports, or other documents regarding consultations with chemical engineering personnel of Dow Chemical Company and Westinghouse.
NOTE: The preceding is a list of requests made to Applicants in CASE's 6/4/83 Fifteenth Set (included in this same mailing). We include them only for the Staff's convenience should it be necessary for the Staff to assist the Applicants in identifying the items mquested so that the Applicants can furnish them.
We do not believe that it will be necessary for the Staff to actually supply any of the pmceding; however, it is impossible for CASE to determine which items can be supplied by Applicants without assistance from the Staff and which items will have to be identified by the Staff.
The following can be supplied only by the Staff:
- 15. Provide the detailed inspection plan which each inspector developed to ensure full coverage of the assigned areas which were inspected; or whatever inspection plan materials were utilized in this regard.
Respectfully submitted, a
Nrs. n E [A'f
L President Ellis,
[ CASE (Citizens Association for Sound Energy) 1426 S. Polk Dallas, Texas 75224 2.14/946-9446
UNITED STATES OF AMERICA NUCLEARREGULATORYC0tjMISSI0t1 BEFORE THE ATOMIC SAFETY AND LICEriSIllG BOARD In the Matter of l Q
APPLICATION OF TEXAS UTILITIES Q GENERATING COMPAtlY, ET AL. FOR Q Docket flos. 50-445 AN OPERATIllG LICENSE FOR Q and 50-446 COMANCHE PEAK STEAM ELECTRIC Q STATION UNITS #1 AtlD #2 (CPSES) l CERTIFICATE OF SERVICE By my signature below, I hereby certify that true and correct copies of CASE'S FIFTEENTH SET OF INTERROGATORIES AND REQUESTS TO PRODUCE TO APPLICANTS; and CASE's FIFTH SET OF INTERR0GATORIES AND REQUESTS TO PRODUCE TO NRC STAFF.
have been sent to the names listed below this 4th day of June , 19 8,3_,
by: Express Mail where indicated by
- and First Class Mail elsewhere.
O Administrative Judge Peter B. Bloch Alan S. Rosenthal, Esq. , Chairman U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Atomic Safety and Licensing Appeal Board 4350 East / West Highway, 4th Floor U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Bethesda, Maryland 20014 Washington, D. C. 20555
0 Dr. Kenneth A. McCollom, Dean Dr. W. Reed Johnson, Member Division of Engineering, Atomic Safety and Licensing Appeal Board Architecture and Technology U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Comraission Oklahoma State University Washington, D. C. 20555 Stillwater, Oklahoma 74074 Thomas S. Moore, Esq., Member o Dr. Wal ter H. Jordan Atomic Safety and Licensing Appeal Board 881 W. Outer Drive U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Oak Ridge, Tennessee 37830 Washington, D. C. 20555 0 flicholas S. Reynolds, Esq. Atomic Safety and Licensing Appeal Panel Debevoise & Liberman U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission 1200 - 17th St. , it. W. Washington, D. C. 20555 Washington, D. C. 20036 Docketing and Service Section (3 copies)
O Marjorie Ulman Rothschild, Esq. Office of the Secretary
- Of fice of Executive Legal Director , USNRC U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Conmission Maryland National Bank Building Washington, D. C. 20555 7735 Old Georgetown Road - Room 10105 Bethesda , Maryland 20814
- Ms. Lucinda Minton, Law Cisrk Atomic Safety and Licensing Board Panel Atomic Safety and Licensing Board 4350 East / West Highway, 4th Floor Panel Bethesda, Maryland 20014 U. S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Washington, D. C. 20555
- .c, $ . , , .
Certificate of Service Page 2 David J.-Preister, Esq.
Assistant Attorney General Environmental Protection Division 4
Supreme Court Building Austin, Texas 78711 John Collins Regional Administrator, Region IV
-U. S. fluclear Regulatory Comnission 611 Ryan Plaza Dr., Suite 1000 Arli ngton , . Texas' 76011 Mr. R. J. Gary Executive Vice President and General Manager . .
Texas Utilities' Generating Company 2001 Bryan Tower i Dallas, Texas 75201 Lanny Alan Sinkin
' 838 East Magnolia Avenue San Antonio, Texas 78212 l
l JD U f&
rs.) Juanita EITis, President ASE (Citizens Association for Sound Energy) 1426 5. Polk -
Dallas, Texas 75224' 214/946-9446 ,
i i .
, , y-- . -- -y ..y 9_... ..e<< _ ._.m-.-... ,,,%4_ .,._,-%-.,,,y ww.,y%,,,,. + - . y%, mum,.mgy.. ,,..m._y. , , _,,_..,..__,, we.,_,_rw,-,,,