Difference between revisions of "ML20071C375"
(StriderTol Bot insert)
Latest revision as of 02:25, 27 March 2020
|Person / Time|
POWER AUTHORITY OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK (NEW YORK
Office of Nuclear Reactor Regulation
|Download: ML20071C375 (3)|
e POWER AUTHORITY OF THE STATE OF NEW YORK 10 COLUMous CIRCLE NEW YORK N. Y.10019 (212) 397 6200 LEROY S CLAIR opsnave=a onrecen TRUSTEES
^ 'T E R T ' $
dOHN5.DY50N , , , , ys s v-us e non =s v. viv e GEORGE L. INGALLS JOSEPH R. SCHMIEDER vite cMasonsase b O* ""
RICH ARD M. FLYNN Y F ,"" " , ' "
' .JPN-83-14 STEPHEN L. H AUM RO BERT 1. MlLLONZI J AMES L. LAROCC A Director of Nuclear Reactor Regulation U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Washington, D.C. 20555 Attention: Mr. Domenic B. Vassallo, Chief Operating Reactors Branch No. 2 Division of Licensing
James A. FitzPatrick Nuclear Power Plant Docket No. 50-333 Proposed Changes to the Technical Specifications Regarding l Surveillance, Audit Frequency and Administrative Items _
References 1. PAGNY letter, J.P. Bayne to T.A. Ippalito dated July 13, 1981 regarding Technical Specificacion changes related to Snubber Surveillance (i!PN-81-51)
- 2. PASdY letter, C.A. McNeill, Jr. to R.C. Haynes dated May 28, 1982 regarding I.E. Bulletin 81-01 (JAFP-82-0577)
- 3. Generic Letter No. 82-17, D.G. Eisenhut (NRC) to all Licensees dated October 1, 1982.
- 4. Generic Letter No. 82-23, D.G. Eisenhut (NRC) to all Licensees dated October 30, 1982.
Enclosed for filing are three (3) signed originals and nineteen (19) copies of a document entitled, " Application for Amendment to Operating License," together with forty (40) copies of Attachment I and II thereto, comprising a statement of the proposed changes to the Technical Specifications and the associated Safety Evaluation.
This application seeks to amend several different portions of Appendix A to the FitzPatrick Operating License. A change to Table 3.6-lb (page 156r, " Safety Related Mechanical Snubbers") includes a minor renumbering of these snubbers for clarity and the addition of a sixteenth snubber. This is the change committed to in Reference 2.
Y 8303020008 830225 J PDR ADOCK 05000333 00\ N g h kk_ ..
-NoteLthat the Authority submitted.another application (Reference 1)
- regarding snubber surveillance which has not been-approved by- the Commission as of this date. The revised Table 3.6-lb included with this application supersedes the' table included in.this previous-application. The change bars shown-on page.156r reflect only-those changes made since the previous = amendment proposal. -To avoid
confusion, the Authority requests that this page be approved as part
- of the Reference 1 amendment.
Figure 6.2-1,'" Plant Staff Organization" on page 260 is updated to show.that.the Security and Ssfety Superintendent has- '
e responsibility for performance and monitoring of the fire protection program, in accordance with our previous commitment. On the same-
!L figure, the Training. Coordinator *s title is changed to reflect the current organization structure.
Section 4.ll'B.(page . 239, " Crescent Area Ventilation")'is revised to require that unit coolers serving ECCS components are checked for operability once per three months, rather than during the surveillance testing of the asacciat ed pumps, as currently >
- In Section 6.52.8-(page 252a)-','the audit frequencies for :
omergency preparedness and safeguards. contingency plans (items e and :
- 'f) are revised to agree with Title 10 ' of the Code of Federal Regulations, parts 50.54(t) and 73.40(d), respectively. We were notified of these inconsistencies via References.3'and.4. Because-this- Technical Specification is clarifying, and made at the request of'the Commission, no license feeLis included.
The proposed changes are Attachment I to the Application of Amendment to the Operating License included with this letter. The Safety Evaluation for the proposed changes to the Technical Specifications is Attachment II to-the Application-for Amendment.
The' Authority has classified this operating license Amendment' Application as Class'II. Enclosed is a check in the amount of l $4000.00 as the filing fee per'10 CFR 170.22i which the Authority pays under protest pending a final determination of the legality.-of the fee schedule.
v - g .- y .,,w--. - - - - - - , , , a%+ x, , . . ,- ev---., - - . - e .,e-,. e .. .e,.--,, ,,--,. - ,----.+,.-wc-- ,
- 3 .
If you have any questions regarding the proposed changes, please
-contact Mr.'J.'A.. Gray, Jr.~of my staff.
Very-truly yours, J, -
Executive Vice President .
Nuclear-Generation' cc: Mr. J. Linville '
Resident Inspector II.S. - Uuclear Regulatory Commission j.
P .O.- Bol: 136 l Lycoming,.ILY. 13093 r.
, . _ , _ _ _ _ , . . . . - -